Join us in the Magi Project
We are taking the time from Chrstmas Day to Epiphany (January 6) to take a journey, much as the wisemen (Magi) did when the traveled to bring their gifts to the newborn Christ child.
Our journey is to evaluate what we spend, and how we can share more of our riches with others. During the 12 days we will gather food which will be distributed by the LCS Food Pantry at St. Stephen's and other food pantries in the Wilmington area.
See our YouTube video of the 12 days of Christmas to see what we're collecting, and what you can collect to deliver to any local food pantry.
12 Days of Christmas (condensed version)
12 Days of Christmas (full version)
Three Thursdays in December
December 5, 12, 19
Are you dreading the hustle and bustle that comes with the approach of Chrstimas? Present buying and card writing and extra cooking and decorating and aren't our lives already busy enough?
Come away from the world for a half-hour of meditative prayer and song at the end of the end, as a reminder of the seasons, as an invitation to leave behind all the cultural holiday craziness for a half-hour of peace.
Tuesday, December 24
Christmas Eve Worship
We believe that
- God created us, but that we are estranged from God and that through the gift of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, we are made one with God again through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We come to know of God and his love for us and all creation through God’s Word, the Bible.
- And we can participate in that love through God’s gift to us of the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
- We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both Law and Gospel is the Word of God,